MuleSoft’s Anypoint Platform is a comprehensive solution for integrating applications, data and APIs. With it, you can connect on-premise or cloud systems and applications. Anypoint Platform enables you to unlock data from legacy systems, connect applications, and orchestrate business processes with MuleSoft API-led connectivity. It also offers extensive capabilities for API management, from design and testing to security and monitoring.
Overall, it is a complete, scalable solution that provides the features you need to build, deploy, and manage your APIs and integrations.
How the Anypoint Platform benefits your organisation
MuleSoft’s Anypoint Platform drives some critical benefits for your organisation. Primarily, it enables you to:
- Shorten time-to-market: The Anypoint Platform shortens time-to-market by allowing developers to connect applications and data with pre-built connectors. In addition, it enables smooth team collaboration, which speeds up development time. Ultimately, this results in a faster turnaround on new features and products.
- Reduce operational costs: MuleSoft’s Anypoint Platform is a game-changer in reducing operating costs. With its unique drag-and-drop interface, users can quickly and easily connect applications, data, and devices—both on-premises and in the cloud—with no coding required. In addition, the Anypoint Platform offers several other features for reducing operational costs. For example, the platform is highly scalable and can be easily customised to fit your organisation’s specific needs.
- Unlock legacy systems: The Mulesoft Anypoint Platform is a robust solution for businesses that want to take advantage of legacy systems without investing in costly coding projects. You can get integrations up and running quickly without the usual headaches.
Integration with MuleSoft RPA
MuleSoft’s Robotic Process Automation solution (MuleSoft RPA) is a new product that will soon become available to customers. It enables users to automate repetitive, manual tasks across several applications.
With Mulesoft RPA, you can easily automate tasks such as data entry, form filling, and document processing. Mulesoft RPA integrates with the Anypoint Platform, providing a unified platform for integration and API management. The Anypoint Platform connects RPA bots with any system, whether on-premises or in the cloud.
Critical features in MuleSoft’s Anypoint Platform
So, how precisely does the Anypoint Platform deliver the above benefits to your organisation?
- High availability: Your critical business applications remain running due to Anypoint Platform’s built-in redundancy and failover capabilities.
- Make updates without downtime: Your users do not experience downtime when you update applications. Instead, the old application version continues running for users to access until you deploy the changes.
- Scale your business: As your business grows, the Anypoint Platform grows with it. It can scale vertically to accommodate increasing worker instances and horizontally to suit increased computer resources. So, the Anypoint Platform is an excellent solution for companies planning to expand.
- Auto-scaling: The Anypoint Platform scales up or down in response to user demand, ensuring optimal performance no matter your number of users.
- Intelligent healing: One significant feature of MuleSoft’s Anypoint Platform is intelligent healing, which includes auto-recovery capabilities to fix broken integration flows or maintain uptime during hardware failure. The feature mitigates manual intervention and improves the system’s overall stability.
- Security: Mulesoft delivers comprehensive and easy-to-use security solutions for APIs that ensure only authorised users have access and by providing a way to control access to specific resources. It leverages industry-standard security protocols, such as OAuth 2.0 and OpenID Connect.
Components in MuleSoft’s Anypoint Platform
The Anypoint Platform includes various components to cover API management, integrations, API implementation strategy, and deployment and monitoring.
- Anypoint DataGraph: Reuse multiple APIs in a single GraphQL request and unify APIs into one data service without writing more code.
- Anypoint API Manager: Manage, monitor, and secure your APIs in a centralised platform that manages API endpoints, policies, and documentation. The API manager also allows you to track usage statistics and analytics for your APIs.
- Anypoint API Designer: Developers can quickly create, test, deploy, and manage APIs. Anypoint API Designer provides drag-and-drop interfaces for designing APIs. The platform also offers a variety of tools for testing and deploying APIs.
- Anypoint Studio: Anypoint Studio is an integration development environment (IDE) for the Anypoint Platform. You can use Anypoint Studio to develop flows or connect to CloudHub or on-premises Mule runtime engines. With Anypoint Studio, you can take advantage of a unified experience across the Anypoint Platform to build your integrations and APIs.
- Anypoint Connectors: These are out-of-the-box integration modules that connect to various applications, databases, and devices. They provide a point-and-click interface to connect to these systems, making it easy to start integrating different technologies.
- Anypoint Exchange: Anypoint Exchange is a central store of APIs, connectors, and templates for use in Anypoint Studio. You can think of Anypoint Exchange as an ‘app store’ for integration assets. It is a one-stop-shop for the APIs, connectors, and templates needed.
- Anypoint Runtime Manager: Anypoint Runtime Manager is a central management application in MuleSoft’s Anypoint Platform. It provides visibility into the performance and health of your APIs and integrations. So, you can deploy, manage, and monitor them from a single location.
- Anypoint Runtime Fabric: Runs on Docker and Kubernetes, making it easy to deploy and manage containers in a highly scalable manner. It provides a consistent, high-performance environment for Mule applications across on-premises, cloud, and hybrid deployments.
- Anypoint Monitoring: Anypoint Monitoring is a cloud-based monitoring service for MuleSoft’s Anypoint Platform. It gives users visibility into the health and performance of their integration applications.
- Anypoint Security: A set of capabilities that provide security at every platform level. It gives you the ability to secure your data and applications and control access to your APIs. It also provides a way to manage identities and access your Anypoint Platform applications.
You can read about more of the Anypoint Platform components from MuleSoft.
How Anypoint Service Mesh benefits your organisation
MuleSoft’s Anypoint Service Mesh is available as a standalone product or as part of the Anypoint Platform. It manages microservices for deployment and enables you to connect and manage non-MuleSoft applications within the Anypoint Platform. It is a centralised control pane for managing and monitoring services and delivers a consistent set of policies for securing and governing microservices interactions. With Anypoint Service Mesh, you can easily deploy and manage microservices on the Anypoint Platform, whether on-premises or in the cloud.
MakeSense and Mulesoft’s Anypoint Platform
You have a business vision, but are you unsure where to start? As one of the Mulesoft Partners, we know that mapping the next steps of your API led strategy feels daunting. We believe having a second pair of eyes to find direction is the starting point.
MakeSense delivers consulting and strategy, architecture and design, implementation, and support solutions. We are end-to-end MuleSoft experts and wholly believe in the returns generated by the Anypoint Platform.
Our experts can assess your current strategy, make recommendations, and implement a solution with Mulesoft’s platforms. Learn more about our Mulesoft expertise and how we can support your business.